1) To give material, moral and spiritual support to efforts and activities geared toward furthering peace and understanding between peoples;
2) To help needy entities build health facilities, like primary healthcare centers; assist in building schools for needy communities; provide food items, shelters and cultural outposts for communities in acute need of such assistance;
3) The OPPFI actively supports efforts to enhance and promote understanding and lines of communication between nations and different races by conducting educational activities in the form of symposia, film presentations, rallies, concerts, exhibitions conferences, peace games and peace fairs etc.;
4) To conduct various youth educational programs to promote international understanding and peace;
5) To oppose and eradicate any kind of discrimination toward the elderly and physically challenged to promote their increased participation in society.
6) Enhance the participation of Women in the promotion of International Peace.
SPECIAL FOCUS & MISSION:
The two major areas of concentrations in the peace efforts of the OPPFI are:
a) EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IN EVERY CULTURE WITH EDUCATION, SAFETY & PROTECTION, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES SUCH AS MICROLENDING, FAMILY AND SOCIETAL SUPPORT, HEALTH SERVICES, PROMOTION OF RESPECT FOR ALL.
b) On that note the primary focus of the OPPFI is the PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AS WELL AS ANY KIND OF DOMESTIC ABUSE.
The OPPFI does not seek to set women apart from men, or, set them men, or, to practice reverse discrimination. Rather, it seeks a better understanding between the sexes, and intelligent and constructive reconciliation as well as a comprehension of the natural differences that exist between the sexes; improved cooperation to promote healthier and better families. The OPPFI appreciates the diversity of opinion and cultures regarding the primary roles of men and women in society.
However, in keeping with the OPPFI's belief in the inalienable rights of all men & women and the UN International Bill of Human Rights, IT CONDEMNS ANY SANCTIONED CULTURALLY, OR, RELIGIOUS BASED VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN INCLUDING BUT NOT CONFINED TO HONOR KILLINGS, TORTURE OR ANY OTHER INFRINGEMENT OF BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.
In a nutshell OPPFI's primary goal is to:
1) FOSTER AWARENESS ON THE SUBJECT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN THROUGH EDUCATION.
2) EXPLAIN WHY IT IS NOT ALWAYS EASY FOR BATTERED VICTIMS TO SPEAK UP OR LEAVE FROM AN ABUSIVE ENVIRONMENT OR SITUATION.
3) ENCOURAGE ADVOCACY SUPPORT AND A RELIABLE FORUM THROUGH THE UN; PROVIDE A VOICE FOR SUCH OPPRESSED WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES.
To accomplish these goals, the Olof Palme Peace Foundation International may partner, or, join forces with governmental and non-governmental entities, private institutions, foundations, corporations, not-for-profit entities that share in its objectives.
The other major area of concentration is to provide support to the CONFLICT RESOLUTION CENTRE TO THE DIFFERENT DISENFRANCHISED GROUPS, WITHIN OR OUTSIDE NATIONS, OF SOCIOECONOMIC, NATIONAL, INDIGENOUS, RELIGIOUS ORIGIN, THAT FEEL AND CAN SUBSTANTIATE PROOF OF PERSECUTION, DISCRIMINATION OR ILL TREATMENT OF ANY KIND.
While the OPPFI cannot per se solve conflicts between different groups or nations or parties within a nation, it can nevertheless help provide a ROUTE FOR FREE EXPRESSION AND RESOLUTION to vulnerable person in such fraught situations.
The Olof Palme Peace Foundation International is not in the business of breaking apart nations or pursuing political and artificial nation building. Rather, it provides the means for achieving solutions primarily through the CONFLICT RESOLUTION CENTRE of the United Nations and helps those groups that feel oppressed to register their complaints; OPPFI does not preemptively take sides in such conflicts.
Take Action for Girls and Women with the Global Goals
The Global Goals - Everyone needs Everyone
action/2015 Launch Film
2015 Global Citizen Festival is here!
What Makes A Strong Woman? // Ask Strong Girls